Content curation is the process of gathering information relevant to a particular topic or area of interest. Services or people that implement content curation are called Curators. Curation services can be used by businesses as well as end users or professionals.
Content curation can be carried out either manually or automatically or by a combination of them. In the first case, it’s done by specially designated curators. In the second case, it’s done using one or more of the following:
- Collaborative filtering
- Semantic analysis
- Social rating
Be known by sharing only the most relevant and helpful content. Content must be appealing and interesting, easy to use and understand.
Curata listens to what you’re interested in. Then, discovers and recommends content for our audiences. Mostly automatically
According to Curata, 76% of marketers now share curated content, not only to position themselves as an authority in their industry but also to strengthen their relationships with their customers too.
Although authority is a primary draw for using content curation, many marketers do it to improve their company’s visibility and to create a buzz around a topic or theme as well.
Content curation, if done regularly and consistently, works like a magnetic sponge. The more you collect, filter and then share your curated content, the more your influence, network, and following will also grow.
If you’re stuck on ideas about how to go about curating content, here we’ve come up with 7 tips and five techniques you can use:
- Always put your audience’s interest first.
- Identify the most relevant, interesting, thought-provoking content to share with your audience.
- Provide content that matters to them as a way of gaining their trust.
- Publish high-quality content, frequently.
- Curate content from a variety of sources – blogs, social media, newsletters, etc.
- Use a tool like Google News to create a customized RSS Feed.
- Measure which of your curated content is better received than others analyzing the numbers (clicks/views etc.), and then optimize.
Always remember that you cannot manage what you cannot measure.
Measure your curated content so as to gauge your efforts when curating top content.
If you like this post, please share it in your favorite social media. Thanks for reading!